The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:05 am

I finished Chapter 28 last night (though Chapter 27 still needs A LOT of expanding). You know what that means? Only two (and three quarters) chapters left to go and the first draft of the novel will be done! Very Happy

Then I'll do the second draft by fixing plot errors, squeezing in things I forgot about and (maybe) adding other things you guys would like to see. Smile

Then I'll try to get someone to do the cover for me based on a design I have planned out.

Then I'll have it edited to the third draft and quest for a publisher. 8D
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Galactic conquerer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:50 am

Good job TV, never expected you to get it done. Very Happy Also maybe we should a map of the world with certain critical moments in the novel shown on the map, or maybe include all of davids journey........Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 572108
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 am

Yap. Infact, here's a list of extra info I'd like to put in the novel:

-A map of the planet
-Maps of Darwin, Valdin and the Ruines of Jin
-Footnotes with links to pages in the suplementary works (for later editions), or maybe even to Wiki pages
-Perhaps a brief description of humanity at this time in an apendix at the end of the book
-Perhaps I pen-graphic for start of each chapter, to provide visual aide
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:32 am

Good ideas. Do you want me to go through all the chapters and edit them to fix mistakes?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:42 am

Nah, I think I'll do that myself.

However, it would be nice of you to read through each chapter and leave comments (on each chapter's topic in the Novel's blog) on what to fix. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 am

Ok.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 am

Anyway, back on topic.

Should he have his arm replaced in Darwin or on Earth?

Keep in mind that his shift on Darwin ends basically the day he returns to the colony, so there won't really be time to build a robotic arm or grow a cloned arm. Therefor, if he is to get a replacement in Darwin, the colony would have to have a supply of robotic limbs and such.

*Idea*

The robotic replacement parts could be adjustibly prior to atachment to fit the form of the individual it is to be attached to.

Then, at a later stage, flesh could be bio-printed onto the robotic framework to complete it.

Would that work?

Unless, of course, the bioprinting would finish within a few hours, in which case it could be done in Darwin.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 am

Will it be "healed" by the time he gets to Darwin? This would take about a week, without infection. If he picks the scab though it will take forever...

Earth. I have the feeling that a wound will be hard to heal with a carbon dioxide atmosphere, as it needs the oxygen. Also it seems to be fairly damp, which would make the healing process irritating, and itchy. They wouldn't be able to attach the robotic arm until it is healed, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:46 am

Darwin has an artificial atmosphere... Erm...

Plus it's without infection any (nanomeds).

Also, the wound doesn't need to have healed in order to attach an artificial limb to it.

I think you misunderstood somewhat. Nervous

In any case, I'll go with giving him the arm at Darwin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???   Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 26: What shall be the fate of David's arm???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2