The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Series Plots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: The Series Plots   Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:53 am

Well, I've been thinking and I want to make the plot of the trilogy more intricate, for reason that it becomes more interesting, has more OMG moments and gives more purpose to the POV characters that would otherwise just tell the same story in different words. Below I've listen a bunch of plots in the series, and I'd like to discuss what each entails, how they flow with the story as a whole and how the plots relate to one another. This will also serve as a means of figuring out how plots will branch, how the story(s) will be told "by" the characters and how all loose ends can be tied up eventually.

-The prophecy; Jaylen/Shjerr'dûll; Shjerr'elikat; The Jayjill
POV's: Primary: David, Priantos, Nomad; Secondary: Kenji, Lash'irr, Tiard, Kate
Books: I, II, III
Summary: [Pending]

-The world war; Iga'ji invasion of Arah'ji; Iga/Valiero strain; Iga/human strain
POV's: Primary: Kenji, Caylin, Viera (Book III); Secondary: Everyone else
Books: II, III

-The Valieren civil war; clan strain in Valiero'ji; Greyskin uprising in northern provinces
POV's: Priantos, Nomad; Secondary: Kenji
Books: I, II
Summary:
(Before the trilogy) Historically, the territory of the current Valiero'ji was settled on from two sides and two different peoples: from the north-west by the Jia'khell ("Greyskins") and from the east by the Jia'éill ("Goldskins"). The two clans have always had fairly different ways even even some xenophobia between one another. Despite this, the Jia'khell nation that formed in the north-west was assimilated into the great Aka'ji nation during the Third Age. In modern times, the majority Greyskins of the north-western Valiero'ji provinces begrudge the majority Goldskin Valiero'ji for multiple reasons: due to the social ethnic division and Greyskin minority, a Greyskin family has never been elected to rule the nation and the Greyskins thus feel left out; There is religious conflict between the two groups: the Jia'éill generally worship nine gods plus Eol (or generally even just Eol, seeing the other deities as aspects of the "one true God"), while the Jia'khell worship twelve gods without a belief in Eol (or a single universal deity), which of course leads to more division, plus (though the Valiero'ji have a freedom of belief) quite a number of Jia'khell religious practices (eg. ritual sacrifices of livestock, animal bleeding on newborn children, etc.) have been banned by the (Goldskin) government; Finally, a large percentage of Goldskins (including a number of influential Goldskin families (some of which have even been Valieren royal families at some stage)) have quite a bit of prejudice against the Greyskins, resulting in even more tension between the two groups.
(Book I) The Brotherhood uses their Jia'khell members for assassination attempts on influential Goldskin politicians in Valdin, including the king and Brethin, the crowned prince. This results in many Goldskins assuming the Greyskins are responsible. At the inter-provincial Quabble finals in Valdin (where the two teams on the field at the time are from a mainly Goldskin and Greyskin province respectively), immediately after the second assassination attempt on the king, all out chaos breaks out after a Goldskin spectator yells an accusation directed at the Greyskins. Brethin rashly (and against the will of his father) speaks out against the Greyskins in response, resulting in outrage from the Greyskin populace in the Valiero'ji. Soon after a Greyskin protest occurs in Valdin. in an attempt to control the mob, a Goldskin city guard unintentionally causes on Greyskin fatality. Meanwhile, [Nomad bit]. When Priantos and Tiard enter Greyskin territory on their journey to Jin, they are confronted by a group of Greyskins, who start threatening them (mainly Tiard, as he's a Goldskin). Priantos eventually manages to convince them to let them go as he's a "blood bastard" (Jia'khell/Jia'éill mixed race). [Nomad bit]. Near the end of the journey, Priantos and Tiard learn that a full-scale Greyskin rebellion has broken out and claimed its first real casualties.
(Book II) The rebellion soon becomes an all-out civil war, starting with the Greyskins driving out or even killing any Goldskins in the north-western provinces and proclaiming independence. They then move to the remaining provinces north of the Central Valiero Mountains in an attempt to claim them. Meanwhile, Nomad helps the inhabitants (mainly the women and children) of villages about to be attacked to escape, soon resulting in her capture. Priantos, having decided to travel by Tita'ji ship in order to bypass the rebellion, arrives in the north-eastern-most Valieren province, but finds the intended port sacked and burnt. He continues on to Tel'nir, which the rebellion soon reaches. Around this time, a massive Valieren military force is sent to wipe out the rebellion forces, the act of which results in the Tita'ji (a Greyskin nation) to join forces with the remainder of the rebellion. As the the majority of Valieren forces are occupied, the Iga'ji take their chance and start their invasion of Valieren lands on the western border, resulting in what's left of Valieren being sent their. With the entire Valieren military occupied by both a civil war and an invasion, the Iga'ji naval fleet moves in on the unguarded Valdin and
(Book III) massacres the capitol completely. At this point, the rebellion has captured all Valieren provinces north of the Central Valieren Mountains and forms their own kingdom, the [name thereof]'ji, as the remainder of Valieren forces retreat to Valdin in a futile attempt to retake the city and fight off the Iga'ji. The [insert Greyskin nation's name here] offers allegiance to the Iga'ji if they would spare them as the Iga'ji conquers nearly the whole remainder of the Valiero'ji. Howver, the Iga'ji later turns on their word, resulting in the [insert Greyskin nation's name here] joining the world war against the Iga'ji. After the Iga'ji are driven out of Valieren lands (probably after the fall of Bara'cûll), the Valiero'ji re-unify before joining the newly formed Harra'ji federal union.

-The Brotherhood of Shjerr'dûll; The investigation in Valdin; The Zen'ji hunting David
POV's: Primary: Priantos, Lash'irr, Tiard; Secondary: David, Viera, Nomad

-David & Viera's relationship; Viera's escape from betrothal
POV's: Primary: David, Viera; Secondary: Kenji, Kate

-Priantos' love life; Priantos/Lash'irr; Priantos/Tiard; Priantos & Lash'irr's child
POV's: Primary: Priantos, Lash'irr, Tiard

-Kate & Caylin's relationship
POV's: Primary: Kate, Caylin; Secondary: Kenji

-Internal conflict in Valieren government/royal family; Valieren politics; Brethin's role
POV's: Secondary: Priantos, Kenji
Books: I, II

-Colonial Authority's Jaylen secrets; Knowledge of the Jaylen; Real reason for colonization
POV's: Primary: David, Nomad; Secondary: Kenji, Priantos

-David's search for Lilly's real killer; Steven's role; Tie-in to the above
POV's: Primary: David; Secondary: Kenji, Viera

-The Oivah'ji's role
POV's: Primary: Nomad, Lashirr, Tiard; Secondary: Priantos, David, Viera

-Bru'gash's motives; The Iga'ji's plans
POV's: Primary: Lash'irr; Secondary: Kenji, Nomad, Tiard

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Series plots. Cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 am

Okay, now I should probably get what each plot line entails...

[Much pending]

* = Main POV's for plot

Spoiler:

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frog_Empire
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 am

Wow that's a long list. Good job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:24 am

Right, spoiler tags.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Long list, not much on it. What do we do to help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 am

First I think I should put in a short description of each plot. What I really need help with is how the different characters involved in each will contribute to "telling" it. Especially with the Valieren Civil War, which I noticed I neglected to have any characters actively participate in, despite its great importance.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 am

Well... I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 am

I'm thinking of introducing a Valieren Jia'khell character for Book II at least, but that would clash with the existing POV's.

I've decided to have Priantos observe the roots of the civil war taking place in the first book, especially in Part 3, where Priantos and Tiard would be journeying through the north-western provinces near the end. The civil war may even start near the end of the first book. In the second book, Priantos would decide to use a Tita'ji ship and crew to travel in order to bypass the Greyskin Rebelion (he himself is of mixed race, but Valieren Greyskins would generally still resent him for his Goldskin half. The Tita'ji are considerably more chilled in this regard, though will join the Greykin Rebelion's efforts in Book II). When he reaches (formerly) neutral Valieren shore again, he'll find many of the coastal settlements sacked by the Greyskins as the rebellion moves eastwards. When he reaches Tel'nir (note: though Tel'nir is the northernmost Valieren city, it's province is of mainly Goldskin ethnicity), he'll hear all about the civil war. Before he can start a journey back to Valdin, though, the rebellion arrives at the city and he and the Tita'ji ship are forced to flee. Somewhere after this point he'll decide to skip reporting back to Valdin altogether and go straight to where the Jaylen told him to go.

Kenji, as ambassador (did I mention that I'm going to make him ambassador from the start now? His friendship with David will also not start in a lab now, obviously, but on the UEF Algol at the start of Book I), will also have a bit wider view of the rebellion, but also won't participate.

Nomad's POV in the war may be quite interesting. On the one hand, she won't give a crap about the politics, but on the other hand she'll probably try saving the lives of innocents on either side (eg. leading the children of a village about to be attacked to safety). Heck, the aforementioned may even lead her to being captured by the (pretty xenophobic) Greyskins at some point in Book II. I'll then just have to find some way to get her from Greyskin captivity to Kij pretty fast. Valiren soldiers, the Oivah'ji and even Kenji may play a role here. She could always escape on her own, though, being all badass and whatnot.

Okay, so I'm gonna use Nomad. Problem pretty much solved. xD
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Sounds cool, I reckon the civil war bits will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:51 am

Just hope I can fit everything in the way I'm planning...

I'll get to the list later today. I'm also gonna shorten it slightly (take away the book divisions, to be specific).

Edit: Actually, I think I'll first give a short description of each plot-line to refer from when working out the above. I shall do this in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Series Plots   Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Righto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile