The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Empty
PostSubject: Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary   Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 am

Too lazy for a description. Just gonna go right ahead:

Point of View Characters:

Spoiler:

Other Majour Characters:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary   Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Neato. Who are Helena, Tyber and Brethin? I must've missed when they were introduced.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary   Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 am

Notice "Need to add POV to Book I rewrite". I only decided to add them as POV characters yesterday, so will have to add them to the first two chapters soon.

Helena Pierce is the colony head of Eddington. Initially I was only going to introduce her in the second book (when I introduce Eddington), but I needed to paint the Valieren internal government (specifically House Ahron) from drastically different points of view (before her with just Kenji and Priantos, which wouldn't at all have been sufficient), so who better to do it with than the woman who sleeps with the king? Their relationship is completely secret though, as it would be exceptionally scandalous if it came out that the Valieren king had a romantic relationship with a human (it would also be very bad for Pierce's professional reputation if the relationship came out). I'm not sure when I decided the two should have a relationship, but I thought it would be very interesting (and also give her common ground with David (the common ground being a relationship with a Zen'ji), who she will otherwise hate a lot until that aspect of him comes out). (Oh, and I renamed the king again. He's no longer "Dalash", but "Argos". "Dalash" will now be the name of the Aarien prime minister, as it sounds much more Persian than European.)

Tyber Arya Taemor is a very recently thought up character (though he is on the character web) and notable in being, not only one of the youngest members, but the only Greyskin in the Order of Acanthos. His POV will give a unique insight to the subtle racism of the higher-class Goldskins. His uncle is also the head of House Duzkol, part of that whole conspiracy of the northern Greyskins buying weapons from the Iga'ji in exchange for sending money to Valdin to bribe the police not to do their job so that the Brotherhood of Shjerr'dûll can do their thing. The findings of the Order's investigation will greatly alienate him from his family. When the civil war happens (at least in the second book), he'll also be summoned home (as his father was made aware of the impending Iga'ji attack on Valdin) and give an inside perspective of the civil war. He's also a distant cousin of Priantos (if you observe the character web closely, you'll notice that Priantos' mother was from House Taemor, though she was exiled or ran away or something for some reason).

Brethin Ester Ahron is the Valieren king's youngest child and only surviving son (the king's eldest child and other son died, somehow. I still need to figure out how both said eldest son (Thale) and the king's wife (Ester, Jer'ij's sister) died. I'm thinking some decease happened, but then I'd have to put more evidence of that in the city and stuff and also explain how they died despite having the best healers at their disposal). Anyway, so Brethin is the youngest and therefor not heir to the throne. The heir to the Valieren throne, if the Ahron family is re-elected as Valieren royal family, is Aleen, his sister, whome he is jealous of for this reason. I intend to make him fairly bratty, but a tactical thinker. I was also thinking he could be a childhood friend of Priantos (from back in the day when Priantos would sneak into the palace). Brethin's POV will give more insight into both Valieren internal politics and, later, the civil war from the Greyskins' side.
Back to top Go down
Aletrius
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Aletrius

PostSubject: Re: Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary   Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:03 am

My one comment would be to make sure that you avoid having too many important characters - you risk losing the sense of continuity so vital to the book.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary   Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am

Don't worry. Altough each POV character will get their chance in the spotlight, David and Priantos will still have a far larger part of the story (especially were word count is concerned).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary   Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characters! - Character Points of View and Character Glossary
Page 1 of 1