The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What I've got so far

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

What I've got so far Empty
PostSubject: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 am

The SPIRE story arch will basically be the one exploring Aether everything ethereal. There will be psychics (most of the characters), ghosts, "angels", "demons", out of body experiences, possessions, vampires (kinda), faeries (kinda), sorcerers, Slendermen, etc.

There are four central factions that participate in the story (not all aware of each others' existence at first, and all of them secret organisations):

-SPIRE - The Supernatural and Paranormal Investigation and Research Establishment (or something). Their main role in SPIRE is to keep on eye on global ethereal activities (that they know of), keep it from the public eye as much as needed and learn as much as they can about Aether and all Aether-related activities. The main protagonist (a weak psychic) will fall onto their radar due to the apparent concentration of Aether around him. They will first appear very conspiracy-ish (like, government people sent to cover up everything), but it'll later be revealed that they're actually kinda the good guys (kinda). They'll be the first faction I'll introduce, and possibly the only faction in the first book.

-God's Hand - A very, highly religious organisation (probably Catholic) that have made it their duty to destroy everything ethereal, due to them thinking it the spawn of Satan (this includes everything from demons and ghosts, to psychics and anyone who practices "magic"). They'll be highly antagonistic, though I still wanna put one of the main characters with them.

-The Society - A society of powerful psychics that have chosen to rift themselves from mundane society. They also "recruit" psychics that become noticeably powerful - this, along with the actions of SPIRE and God's Hand - is supposed to explain why the mundane scientific world hasn't yet been able to prove the existence of psychics or the ethereal. Generally, members of the society would be considered mages and they are mainly based in a high-fantasy-esque alternate version of Earth (technically a parallel reality that they have managed to link to the "real" world - the timeline rift would've happened thousands of years ago, but kept "bridged" by a psychic/mage with the power to put his consciousness into more than one branch of the multiverse). I'll only introduce the Society later.

-Legion of the Black Moon - A very simple description would be to call them either Earth's version of the Brotherhood of Shjerr'dûll, or an evil version of the Society. They're pretty much a cult of dark sorcerers who pretty much wanna reach the pinnacle of ethereal power. Many cultists are also vampires, which are essentially sorcerers who have modified their bodies to become more powerful - they also often don't eat, instead absorbing the energy of other living beings, which is where the stereotypical image comes from. Most of the main antagonists are from the Legion. They are generally at war with God's Hand and the Society.

Of course, there'll be quite a number of characters that are not aligned to any of those factions.

Then, here's a list of some of the most majour things that'll happen in this story arch:

-A scientist discovers Aether and, in the process of the discovery, causes everyone in a two mile radius to loose consciousness and enter a brief out of body experience (this is pretty much the beginning).

-A very, VERY powerful psychic boy will become depressed / highly enraged (by something) and turn a whole town into a gigantic floating hollow orb of earth, with him levitating in the middle.

-The Legion will manage to summon a [god / demon / really power evil spirit / perhaps even the Shadow] that'll cause (or perhaps the Legion will do it themselves) the entire planet (save those with surfaced psychokinetic abilities) to loose consciousness and enter a "dream realm" or perhaps an out of body experience on the Astral Plane, where spirits will be able to interact with them, including a massively large amount of demons that will attempt to feed on their souls. Dying in this state will make their bodies rise as blank zombies (as if lobotomised). Those who remain awake will also enter the dream state when asleep, though they'll be able to wake up again (if they survive). This will be in the last SPIRE book(s).

Here's some other stuff I'll throw in somewhere:

Spoiler:

I'll add more stuff here later.
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Ooooh. This'll be fun. I'll like this. So, like, who are the characters going to be in this story arch?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm

This is from a notepad:

* = Point of View (numbers = in which volumes they'll have POV's)

Quote :
Civ:
-*Gabriel Pierce * 1 2 3
-*Melhomy "Melly" * 1 2 3
-*Willow * 1 2 3
-Carter
-*[That boy who destroys everything] * 2

SPIRE:
-*Janis L. Taylor ("Dice") * 1 2
-Walter McMillan
-[Blinker]
-[Faunapath]
-[Bender / Transporter]
-[Seer]
-[Pyrokinet]
-[Cryokinet]
-[Electrokinet / Elecropath]
-[Necropath]
-*[Some agent] * 1 2 3

The Society:
-*William Coulter * 1 2 3
-*Judah Herecles * 1 3
-*Mia Antony * 1

Black Moon:
-*Nero Kane * 3
-*Camille McMillan * 2 3

God's Hand:
-Alexander Mason
-Jason Carter
-Eric Coulter
-*Sophie-Anne Coulter * 1 2 3
I'll explain more later. Too tired now... Nervous
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 am

Fun.

I haven't been able to do much of anything. Too busy. And I'd appear to have lost the RP links and what I had from the first one, although that wasn't much.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 am

Oh no!!

I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

I don't think I'll be getting any work done on any of this any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I've got so far   What I've got so far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I've got so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: