The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Future

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Yeah...

The only real reason I made it that far in the future was to make faster-than-light space flight more probable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Mhm. We will need some excuses to explain our not entirely awesomely Utopian virtual reality robot filled planet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:30 am

I've made the following changes to that future:
-Instead of being at home online, people (aside from those like Donathan who refuses them) use the nanobots inside their bodies to go online with their minds and stuff.
-Though I can totally see semi-human androids and human-controlled avatars on Novusvita, the vast majority of colonists will be normal humans (mainly outcasts and stuff). I can actually picture Kenji as an android, which would explain his jack-of-all-trades nature. By that time, semi-human androids may as well have been equipped with human emotions as well as trans-human intellect (in which case, I can totally picture civil rights movements for androids and semi-human AI).
-FTL space travel was invented earlier than the 25th century due to the chance discovery of Tachyons (if they exist, which most physicists doubt, in out time, it would proove Bosonic String Theory, which would make Slipstream Space travel much simpler).

Also, Antony Frost, Darwin's mayor, is now an AI. Marcus is still human, though. Or maybe sub-android or something.

I've also pictured having drones search for Don instead of people on the ground and changing the scene where the Hunter cuts out David's chip to the Hunter making the incision in David's suit and using a special plant to give him a strong electric shock to destroy all the nanobots in his body instead (Donathan had a chip inplanted because he refused nanobots. I've also killed the word "nanomeds" - it doesn't make sense).

Then, to explain why David doesn't die of Novusvitan deseases, parasitic Novusvitan microbes can only exploit other Novusvitan life forms because they have evolved to Novusvitan biology. Human biology is far to alien for them to effect. So, they get into his body, their chemistry goes "what the hell!?" and the his immune system (artificially enhanced by the medicine of the time) destroyes them.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Sounds neat and more futuristic-y. I've never liked the idea of having robots in charge though. And although I can picture Kenji as an android, I can't say I'm too fond of the idea. I just don't like uncanny valley stuff with robots looking just like people. And as sci-fi has always taught us, having robots in charge of everything is bad for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

It's actually more like computers being in charge of everything, but the best minds of past years have been uploaded to them to make them think in terms of what's good for humanity, but lacks the functions to think as sentient minds (they can't think of themselves as individuals, though androids probably can).
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:28 am

Mhm, I see. If Androids can't think of themselves as individuals then I'm even more opposed to Kenji being one, although AI running Darwin sounds fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 am

I meant AI as in programs. The programs basically controll civilisations. Androids, as artificial humans, can and do think like humans, but have much better computing abilities. And I'm probably not gonna make Kenji an android...

Frost is totally gonna be an AI, though.

I've fixed the first two chapters' technology. I'll post them later today, after I do a few more.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Ok, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 am

While thinking out how to adapt the ultra-futuristic technology to the current story, I had quite a huge epiphany about just how inter-linking the story line really can be, thanks to a certain element of the future... I would tell you about it, but it would spoil the story for you and whoever else reads it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future   

Back to top Go down

The Future
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11