The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Novels I'm Planning To Write

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Novels I'm Planning To Write Empty
PostSubject: Novels I'm Planning To Write   Novels I'm Planning To Write Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:11 am

Well, decided I'd share this with you guys. ^^

(The titles are arranged roughly in chronological order. Three dashes mark the separation of literary universes.)

---

[Messengers of the Gods]
This will be the story of the Jaylen and will give a much better picture of what Jaylen society was like and will also show how the Shadow became the Shadow. The time in this novel might be confusing because is spans millions of years, though has characters (not entirely sure yet how I'll portray an omni-intelligent personality) and such and will seem to span at most a few years. This is because A] Jaylen are essentially immortal and B] their sense of time is a lot different from ours.

[Before the Jawheads]
Basically the history of Novusvita and the Xen'vi before human colonisation. I want to write it in a style similar to how Tolkien wrote the history of Arda (the world Middle-Earth is located on) as to incorporate the history of the planet, the history of the people and notable characters in a story-like fashion all together (I definitely won't attempt using first person for this at all). It might turn into a novel series.

[Wretches and Kings]
This will be a semi-dystopian sci-fi/action that will take place during the Extinction Period. This will be awesome. If you combine Minority Report, Fringe, I Robot, Book of Eli, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I Am Legend, Iron Man, Pandorum, Deus Ex (game), Resistance (game) and other sci-fi's and actions I can't think of right now, you come close to the feel of Wretches and Kings. It's awesome. The story is basically about a dude who tries to "un-corrupt" the world. It's also a pretty big series, but the books will probably be quite short:
-The Overture-
-The Catalyst-
-The Reaction-
-The Radiance-
-The Aftermath-
-The Interlude-
-The Revival-
-The Resistance-
-The Collapse-
-The Ascendance-
-The Omnisense-
-The Requiem-

[Void]
During the first - or one of the first - manned Slipstream Space flights, something goes quite wrong and six astronauts find themselves in the middle of the middle of nowhere (somewhere in deep space) with a limited supply of food, water and sanity. This will be quite a heavy story. Think Life of Pi, Lord of the Flies (though without the savagery) and Moon.

[The Peoples of Algol]
Novisvita trilogy. If I have to explain this, I'll ban you.
-The Start of Two Journeys-
-The Ambassador-
-New Life-

[3000 AD]
A space opera (it's not as gay as it sounds. Star Wars is a space opera) that takes place eight hundred years after the events of TPoA. Post-biological humanity has moved into much of the galaxy and the Local Group galaxies, Novusvita almost resembled Earth in advancement now and humans, Xen'vi and other sentient races are becomming socially mingled, but there is still evil in the universe so one can expect an inter-stellar war or two.
-The Thirty First Century-
-Return of the Shadow-
-The Last Resort-

[Last Light]
Thirteen billion years from now, the universe is coming to an end. Only a few races remain and the stars are going out one by one. This is basically the story of the war for the last star that can sustain life. Humans and Xen'vi might make an appearance, but I somehow doubt they'll be recognisable by that time (though medicine sort of has a habit of stopping evolution). How this will end, I'm not even sure of but the space robots will probably win or something.

---

[Transhuman]
A post-biological transhuman (from a time when androids and humans are indistinguishable and people have powers (shape-shifting, telekinesis, telepathy, etc.) and stuff) is accidentally (or so it seems) sent back in time to modern times with no recollection of who or what he is. Then stuff happens.

---

[The Man He Killed]
Haven't really thought of a story for this yet, but it's based of the war poem of the same name by Thomas Hardy.

---

[Aether and Ash]
Possibly a compilation of short stories in one book about "magic" through the ages, basically. In the universe of Aether and Ash, "magic" (or more precisely, psychic ability) is a phenomenon of quantum mechanics wherein the act of being sentient can have a physical (or sub-physical) impact on the universe you are aware of. Each story of Aether and Ash will take place in a different time period and location (starting at the dawn of sentient man and ending some time in the near or far future), but may have the same main character (I thought that maybe said person's soul could have been cursed to constantly reincarnate on Earth or something). It will kind of be a prologue to the SPIRE trilogy below.
-The Spark-
-The Shaman-
-The Curse-
-The Oracle-
-The Priest-
-The Sacrifice-
-The Purge-
-The Eye-
-The Future-

[SPIRE]
I still need to figure out much of the plot, but basically there's this secret inter-governmental organisation called "SPIRE" who's job is basically to investigate paranormal phenomenon, which mainly involves psychics. Later it is revealed that there are multiple secret societies of psychics (many of which are really more like sorcerers), as well as a society bent on wiping them out. The main protagonist is a textbook loser who is also a mind reader with huge latent psychic/magical potential.
-SPIRE: Supernatural & Paranormal Investigation & Research Enactment-
-White Light-
-Black Dawn-

---

[Hivemind]
This is one of my favourite ideas so far and actually originally comes from my ex-American-internet-girlfriend (OsakaSun, on the Sporums). It starts off quite typically. A virus breaks out, turns some people into zombies, turns others into powerful mutant thingies, the non-zombified infected go on the run when they find out government scientist people are after them and then... stuff happens.
-The Strain-
-Pandemic-
-Extinction-

---

[Screaming Silence]
A really dark story where the whole world suddenly falls asleep (sort of like how Flash Forward starts, only they don't wake up and the don't see their futures), but for a few who inexplicably remain awake. Meanwhile, those who fell asleep are trapped in a kind of dream/nightmare world where they can literally be killed. Once they die in the dream, their bodies wake up as mindless, well, zombies, really. To make matters worse for those who are awake, once they fall asleep they too enter the dream world where they too can be killed. The group must basically survive by sleeping in shifts and scavenging off what society left behind. And other stuff happens.

---

I haven't really decided in what order I'm gonna write all of these

©️ 2011 Charl-André Fourie
Aka TemporalV01D / Valdin
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novels I'm Planning To Write   Novels I'm Planning To Write Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:22 am

Sheet. That's a lot of books.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novels I'm Planning To Write   Novels I'm Planning To Write Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 am

Indeed. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novels I'm Planning To Write   Novels I'm Planning To Write Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novels I'm Planning To Write
Page 1 of 1