The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:48 pm

-I don't think you have.

-Sounds lovely.

-Sounds good.

-Hmm. Well, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:24 am

Then I should totally make a thread for it! 8D (The amount of unfinished threads is coming to the point where I should probably make a thread for them too...)

We can probably discuss the fourth point in the aforementioned thread I'm about to make. Also, a lot of threads will have to remain in the Writer's Chat until I can de-spoiler them, somehow.
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 am

Woohoo, new thread time.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm thinking about there being Jaylen ruins on Earth, covered up by the government(s). And also Mars, which would suggest that it used to have sentient life, as the Jaylen's hobby was to observe the development of sentient races.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Oh, that'd be fun. But for the ruins on Earth, surely some sort of ancient civilizations would have known about them and religions would have popped up regarding them, no? We'd either have to base their locations and other bits of info regarding them on myths and legends, or just make up some stuff and have this be an alternate Earth.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 am

We could do the former, yes.

However, keep in mind that the main reason the Zen'ji are aware of the Jaylen is because the War of the Shadow took place there. The Jaylen cities (have I mentioned this?) were actually ships that doubled as temporary Jaylen colonies and would've left, had the War not made this impossible.

However, I like the idea of incorporating the Jaylen into human mythology. Humans may have never seen the Jaylen themselves, but may have seen their ships and cities. For instance, Atlantis could've been a Jaylen city and its sudden disappearance would have been explained by Plato as the whole sinking island thing. I'll have to go read up on areas in mythology where aliens can fit in. However, the pyramids and other ancient marvels were NOT built by the Jaylen. They may have been influenced by them, though (eg. the Nazca lines could've been the Nazca people's attempt to call the Jaylen back).

But anyway, Earth is going to be a more important setting in the third book and humans will play a greater role (Donathan will also have a purpose again! Very Happy I'll explain later. Or you could just read it when I get there. ^^).
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Heh, so long as we don't get into "Hurr durr the pyramids are alien weapons durr" I'll be fine. However, if they are ships, why didn't they leave Earth? The War was taking place pretty far away and all.

Ooh, Nazca lines would be neat. 'Specially with the one that kinda looks like an astronaut...

Woohooo Donathan!
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:06 am

You're confused. Reread my post. The Jaylen cities on Novusvita are Jaylen ships. The pyramids were built by humans with no help. What I was saying is that, though the Jaylen visited Earth, they did most certainly NOT build the pyramids, etc. as most fiction involving aliens in Earth's past have had it.

However, I'm making Atlantis a Jaylen city. When the ship left, Plato (the Greek philosopher and author who wrote about Atlantis) would've explained the city's sudden disappearance with the whole flood/sinking island legend.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:25 am

Yes, yes I noticed. I was just saying that the entire cliche idea of aliens making pyramids is silly.

Actually, I just realized I worded my post really oddly, heh. What I meant was why the Jaylen stuff on Earth hasn't just left. What with the Jaylen ruins and all. Not the pyramids.

Atlantis would be fun.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 am

Oh, I get what you mean now. I'll come up with an explanation for that.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 am

Righto then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets   Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colonial Authority's Jaylen Secrets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: