The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You may want to read this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frog_Empire
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Frog_Empire

You may want to read this. Empty
PostSubject: You may want to read this.   You may want to read this. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 pm

http://www.foremostpress.com/authors/articles/show_not_tell.html

How to Show and Not Tell

Assuming you haven't read it already, if you read it and take those points into account the overall quality of the series will improve (I'm not saying it's bad, I enjoyed reading it) and thus, chances of publishers accepting it will increase. I'll try to find more articles and such to post here as well. Anyone else feel free to post articles here as well.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: You may want to read this.   You may want to read this. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:36 am

Oh wow, I've really been looking for a guide like that, thanks! ^^ And I've been trying hard to fix that problem of mine in this latest uber-edit, so I appreciate this. You may want to read this. 68192

Edit: Actually, I've already read "show, don't tell" guides. What I really need (and what I thought that was) is a guide to how one can blend descriptions in with the story without needing to take a break from the actual story.

And moving to the Writer's chat.

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Frog_Empire
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Frog_Empire

PostSubject: Re: You may want to read this.   You may want to read this. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:41 am

TemporalV01D wrote:
Oh wow, I've really been looking for a guide like that, thanks! ^^ And I've been trying hard to fix that problem of mine in this latest uber-edit, so I appreciate this. You may want to read this. 68192

And moving to the Writer's chat.

Thanks. Glad I helped.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: You may want to read this.   You may want to read this. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:44 am

*See above edit. Sorry. You may want to read this. 246616

Oh, and you may want to check out the Writer's Chat's latest topics for some recap. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You may want to read this.   You may want to read this. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You may want to read this.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: