The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trissecting Book I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 am

Okay, so basically, each novel I initially planned on writing (with the exceptions of the AEGIS Watch trilogy and all those prequel and stand-alone novels) will now be divided into three parts and span three Alterverse novels each.

For example, Book I of the Alterverse series will contain Part 1 of 3 of The Peoples of Algol Book I, Part 2 will be in ALTV Book II and Part three in ALTV Book III; then Part 1 of TPoA Book II will be in ALTV Book IV and so forth.

So, below I have shortly divided TPoA Book I into its three respective parts (four of the current 12 chapters each), per character POV:

• Part 1:
    • David: Up to just after when he discovers Viera following them and Donathan going missing.
    • Viera: Up to just after David discovers her and she vanishes again; ends with her returning to her village and its revealed that she has Donathan.
    • Kenji: Up to just after Donathan goes missing (from Viera's POV) at Viera's village asking the villagers to contact the colony at the first sign of Donathan.
    • Helena: I genuinely have no idea, but I think she'll find/discover something that pertains to the Brotherhood, the Jaylen or the Shjerr'elikat plot in general.
    • Priantos: Up to the Brotherhood's failed assassination attempts at the Quabble finals in Valdin.
    • Lash'irr: Up to when she takes a secret boat out to sea to meet the approaching Iga'ji vessle she's actually supposed to be on, just after the first Brotherhood meeting shown in the book.
    • Tyber: This will basically follow the investigation, but will also have Tyber getting together with Aleen after a chance meeting.
    • Brethin: Up to the Quabble finals thing; I'm thinking he'd have a Brotherhood agent (one of the guards) attempt to attack him (perhaps the lesser Brotherhood agents don't know he's an instigator in their plot) - he could have planned to kill the agent himself (him being a target of the assassins would secure his innocence in the public eye), but Tiard stepped in and killed the agent instead (to secure HIS innocence).
    • Nomad: Up to when she reaches Jin and observes the human activity there, then leaves for the Valieren northwest.

• Part 2:
    • David: From the search for Donathan, to when they're shot down and crash in the jungle (ultimately leaving only David and Viera as survivors).
    • Viera: The above.
    • Kenji: From the search for Donathan, through his first visit to Valdin, through Don's retrieval and Viera's interrogation, up to his second visit to Valdin, at which point the massive riot breaks down (in Valdin).
    • Helena: Very little idea what to do here, but I think I'll have her be in Valdin at the time of Aleen's death.
    • Priantos: Basically the second half the investigation (the bulk of it, really), up to Hylla's arrest, Aleen's assassination, the break out of the massive Goldskins-attacking-Greyskins riot resulting from the aforementioned, and ending with the Order rushing into Acanthos' burial chamber, only to find it empty (including of whatever artifact was buried with Acanthos).
    • Lash'irr: In Valdin as Brethin's suitor in order to secure Iga/Valieren peace, up to leaving Valdin after paying Priantos one last visit.
    • Tyber: Pretty much the rest of investigation; Tyber and Aleen become closer; Tyber at once stage becomes a suspect; Tyber present at Aleen's assassination (they were going to meet in the Central Atrium of the White Tower at sunset, then she gets shot or something by a Greyskin Brotherhood agent), holds her body in emotional agony, but is pulled off her and assaulted by Goldskin witnesses (perhaps the Greyskin agent shot her from somewhere above, a Goldskin shouted something like "A Greyskin killed Aleen!" and others in the area thought the person meant Tyber (seeing as he's a Greyskin and all)).
    • Brethin: Judges Lash'irr as a suitor while secretly instigating his sister's murder; ends with Aleen's death and him watching from the palace gardens as the riot erupts in the city below.
    • Nomad: Spies on Castle Dûzkol; heads to Valdin

• Part 3:
    • David: Very traumatic beginning (everyone is dead, except D and V); the rest is all that survival in the jungle thing up to the original end of the book (only he's gonna use his (newly discovered) abilities when fighting those Brotherhood agents with one arm.
    • Viera: The above, but from her POV.
    • Kenji: Assists in search for David; rescues him at the end.
    • Helena: Becomes Argos' emotional support; continues investigation into Shjerr'elikat-related stuff; visits Marcus again; learns of the Jay'jil or something.
    • Priantos: The journey to Jin; rest of the book (meets Nomad at some stage).
    • Lash'irr: The journey back to the Iga'ji; rest of the book (meets Nomad (as fellow Oivah'ji agents (but such not revealed, just to confuse the reader))).
    • Tyber: Sent home (to Castle Dûzkol) to recover (both physically and emotionally); discovers the plot via overwhelming evidence at Castle Dûzkol; leaves without notice; meets Nomad (but not necessarily in that order.
    • Brethin: "Mourns" loss of sister; ends with the ceremony to proclaim him the official heir of House Ahron and, as it currently seems, the next monarch of the Valiero'ji.
    • Nomad: Meets Lash'irr somewhere west of Valdin (learns of Priantos' progress); tracks Priantos up to somewhere near Tita'ji border, meets him there; goes on separate mission to save as many people of the ensuing civil war as possible; meets Tyber at some stage.

What I'll also be doing is alternating between David and Priantos' stories more frequently, by dividing each part into six segments instead of four chapters. For example, Part 1 will look like this:

Segment 1:
-First half of Chapter 1

Segment 2:
-First half of Chapter 2

Segment 3:
-Second half of Chapter 1

Segment 4:
-Second half of Chapter 2

Segment 5:
-First half of Chapter 3
-First half of Chapter 4

Segment 6:
-Second half of Chapter 3
-Second half of Chapter 4

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm

This seems neat. Woohoo. I'll just, um, watch, I guess.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 am

I actually want help figuring out how to make the endings of each part more climaxy. Think of each part as a separate book. It shouldn't feel like the story is just being cut at a random point.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 am

Hmm...

Well, for part 1, I'm sure Donathan going missing could be climactic, but then you'd have to have Kenji's bit with the telling of the villagers to contact the colony if they hear of Donathan, so that kinda ruins it. The Quabble assassination attempts could be pretty climaxy, too. I don't think anything would get in the way of that. And then you could end the book with Nomad ominously watching the people at Jin from afar. The whole Jin fancy advanced technology thing doesn't get made open until later, does it? So that could foreshadow stuff and be all like "what is this I don't know gee better read the next book".

I'm not good with words, it seems. Hopefully that made sense.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah, it does. Kenji's POV won't end at Viera's village, though. Donathan goes missing, then I skip to a few hours later when Viera returns to her village and almost panics when she sees a human (Kenji) talking to her father. Kenji leaves just then, though, so she calms down, somewhat. I'll then reveal that she has Donathan.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Oooh, that'd be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trissecting Book I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trissecting Book I   Trissecting Book I Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trissecting Book I
Page 1 of 1