The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)

Go down 
+3
Balufire
Xeno
LichenDragon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LichenDragon
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 am

Well, even with buffers a even minor cyclone would massacre shipping that's bunched together sending them toppling over each other and causing mass casualties.

I think that fleeing to land is the only option.

But by scattering I don't mean running off every direction into the sunset, I mean breaking up the city and moving organized together. They could quickly set up wagon style battle formations or return to platform formation, or even standard crescent or line formation. I think they'd make great command stations and supply caches for shipping and invasion forces. An unassailable ocean fortress surrounding untold numbers of supply barges for restocking other ships.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:47 am

Ah, ok.

We probably won't be putting the cities in cyclone territory, then.
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:58 am

Well, cyclone areas are where most military actions would occur on Novuvsita. They just have to split up and reform again.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:58 am

K.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:10 am

I think it's plausible for the actions I've described. And you also could have Tenochtitlan-style cities inland on lakes or wetlands. That are real cities.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 am

Yeah, but I sorta prefer off-shore cities for the Aari. I'll draw a basic diagram to show you later. For now I must leave. Farewell.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:28 am

Farewell.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Or just hput them in a bunch of lagoons out in the middle of the ocean. There are a number of them on Earth, and with society as you've described for the Aari'vi, they would need more than five or six actual cities.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 pm

I say they have many colonies and cities on land and use the floating cities as portable bases of operation and supply.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:25 am

LichenDragon wrote:
I say they have many colonies and cities on land and use the floating cities as portable bases of operation and supply.
Well, yeah. Portable wasn't my original idea, but okay.

I could move their capitol city to a bunch of limestone islands, then. That would also look cooler. Smile
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm

And they could have rafts to expand the are too. For growing food or something.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:26 pm

Or something. Like maybe... dunno... something.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Well, Geekus, that sure was helpful.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 pm

I found it a thrilling commentary of modern societies view on demographics.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Inoritelolz.

But yeah. I had an idea, and then I forgot how it would work while I was in the middle of typing it. I don't actually know why I posted that.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:56 am

The capitol will be built on, in and around an island group like this:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 SEA+027
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Where was that picture taken? It looks nice.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 pm

That's going to be hell to build on. I say they construct buildings on and in the cliffs and build complexes of rafts to farm and perhaps use as docks, causeways and slums.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Yikes. I pity the construction workers who have to do that. It would offer some protection from large storms, though, with the elevated ground. Might want the islands to be larger than those, though.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Hmmm... I shall look for the location on the map...

That place looks like fun, looks like China... Doesn't it? The trees are the right kind from what I can tell...
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 am

The cities will basically be like the normal sea cities, but attached to and inbetween those islands.

There are simmilar places on/near the coast of Vietnam. I saw it in a Top Gear special.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 am

Could also be Newfoundland, but I think those are the wrong kind of trees...

I found a probably place on the map... Let me find it back, then circle it in GIMP
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 am

It's somewhere in Southeast Asia.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Wait, is this a guessing game?

And the main permanent parts of the city would mostly certainly be on land. (Middle - Rich housing, government, military buildings, factories.)

With farmlands and minor parts of the cities between islands.

Last edited by LichenDragon on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I think it is Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next