The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The RP OP - Very Incomplete

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

The RP OP - Very Incomplete Empty
PostSubject: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:05 am

Highly regratably, the near-finished version of this somehow got deleted... =`( So now I'm requesting help from you guys as to redo it.

Introduction

The year is 2233 AD. Welcome to Novusvita, second planet from the barycenter of the trinary Algol solar system. Eighteen years ago a space probe, Galileo IV, discovered life on the planet’s surface. Complex life. And it has sentient natives. This race is called the Xen’vi, by humans. Of course, no human can pronounce their true name correctly. The Xen’vi have six voices, you see.

Twelve years later, the shuttle Darwin V landed on the planet in the southeast of the continent of Cyro’bar. It carried 300 colonists and a vast supply of equipment and by Christmas, 2229, Darwin was a thriving colony.

This is the story of the men and women of that fateful colony and the natives of that fateful world.

Overview

You are an inhabbitant of the wondorous world of Novusvita. As a player, you are able to control three characters, each of which can be either Xen'vi - native - or human - a colonists.

As a Novusvitan, you will have the opportunity to explore the world as its been created so far and create intricate storylines with the other players on this world.

Please note that this roleplay is seperate from the plot and happenings of the novels. The plot and happenings within this roleplay will not be considered canonical to the Peoples of Algol story, theough it may help inspire the writing of the novels!

The Story So Far...

Rules and RP Guidelines

Generalities:

1. Click here, here and here. Read it. All of it. In case you're wondering, they're threads on the Sporums explaining how to be a good RP'er
2. No godmodding, metagaming, character jacking, power-playing or any other stuff like that.
3. No OOC flaming, trolling, spamming, advertising or any other stuff like that either.
5. Please check the OOC topics regularly for updates. You don't have to check the OP for updates, I'll tell you when it's been edited.
6. Read the entire OP or be sentances to a cage filled with hungry predators.

Plot and NPC Policy:

1. Please do not create subplots, major plot twists or plot effecting NPC's without my permission via PM's.
2. Minor subplots aren't against the rules, though, and are even encouraged. They make the RP more interesting.
3. You can create minor NPC's (eg. David looked at the people in the corridor around him. He noticed a pretty girl walk past him, but let her be) as much as you want to add a bit of meat on your characters' stories.
4. Please don't use someone else's character(s) in a plot twist/subplot without their permission.
5. NEVER assume the fate of someone else's character without permission. If you fire a gun shot at them, don't automatically assume it finds its mark until the other player says it has. This is something that annoys me into the deepest depths of Algol A and back.

Gameplay:

1. Please do not time-skip (eg. Your character goes to sleep. Later, within the same post, you say "the next morning", thus stuffing up a few hours of gameplay for everyone else), unless everyone else knows you're going to.
2. Your character will not always win every fight. Your character will not always dodge all the attacks. Your character will not always save the day. Your character is not immortal - he/she can die. If you godmod, I will kill your character.
3. If you have an idea for a plot / plot twist you'd like to have incorporated into the RP storyline, PM me first, please.
4. Try to play along with the plots and subplots created during the RP. There's nothing more annoying than having your story effed up by some A.H. who wants to do things his own way and no other.
5. Perhaps this should rather come under "generalities", but please be detailed and descriptive in your posts. This is a literate RP, so the minimum number of (full!) sentences per post IC is 10. The max would be about five or so paragraphs, though.

The Mods and Enforcement:

1. We are the enforcers around here. We're the ones who make you follow the rules and guide you when you're not sure what to do. Respect our judgement.
2. If/when you have a question or suggestion, please PM one of us about it and we'll hopefully come back to you about it soon.
3. Please do not request to be a mod. We will elect mods from the players ourselves, based on how well they can RP, how well they understand the RP and how well they act OOC.
4. We can and will ban players who frequently abuse our rules or intently neglect to act by them. Please do not tell us directly to ban/suspend someone. Rather PM us. We'll then either kill their characters or hand them over to someone else.
5. Again, not sure this rule belongs here. If you're absent for a long while or your character is needed while you're offline, we'll take control of your character, but we'll try not to progress/change/eff-up his/her role too much.

The Character Sheet

The character sheet is what you have to fill out in order to join the RP. You can find it at Profile --> Character sheet.

• When you activate the character sheet tab in your profile, you'll see a column of 30 fields. The first, eleventh and twenty first fields say "Primary Character", "Secondary Character" and "Tersiary Character". These three fields act as the headings of the sheets for your three seperate characters. Note that you don't have to have every (or even any) sheet filled out.

In each of these three fields you'll also find a table saying "Activated?", "Active?" and "Alive?". These will be filled and edited by myself. Let's look at each of those in turn:

-Activated. If this says "N/a", it meens your sheet hasn't yet been looked at by a mod (or me, the game master). If it says "No", it meens you have to edit the sheet because it's been rejected. The reason(s) will be explained to you, as will what you can change or fix. If it says "Yes", then your character has been accepted and you can start playing.

-Active. As with "Activated", an "N/a" means your character is not yet functional. A "Yes" would mean that the charcter is active. I.e the character is being regularly used. The opposite it true for "No", which will come into play if the character is not used for a full 48 hours since the last time it was. If your character is borrowed by another player (with your or my permission only) the Active status will change to "Yes - [player name]".

-Alive. Let's just say that your character can die. I don't think I have to explain this. However, there are also in between statusses: "Yes, but compramised" (wounded or otherwise weak) and "Yes, but barely" (close to death; situation critical).

• The next field is "Character Importance", which will be at 0 when you start playing. Importance is determined based on how large a role your character plays (note: It is against the rules to give your own character a large role without my permission) in the RP. If you can't be as frequent as other players, make sure your character doesn't become too important, unless you've appointed someone to take control of him/her/it while you're abscent (I do suggest that each player has at least one such person appointed).

• Next is the character's name, the first field that you're directly in control of. The name you give has to be the version of the name that humans can pronounce. At least, it has to be writable in English lettering. Note: This field is for your character's FULL name, preferably the one given to him/her/it at birth. In human terms, that would be a first and a last name. Middle names are optional. In Xen'vi, three names are needed: A personal name, a house name and a family name. The personal name works like the first name, the house(hold) name is the personal name of the mother (if the mother's personal name is somehow unknown, then the father's is used) and the family name works like the last name and is inherited from the father (if the father's family name is somehow unknown, then the mother's is used).

• Now for the nickname. This field can be filled with multiple names (seperated by a ";"). These are the names that others frequently use to call your character. If your character has no nickname, say "None".

• The next is the race. Think carefully about this one. I suggest you know whichever race you choose fairly well before choosing. I may ot may not add a bonus third race later on.

• After that you choose your character's age, in human years (you may want to know that Xen'vi natuarally have longer lifespans than humans, at about 160, but with the medicinal technologies of the time, the average human is also able to reach that age before death). Please don't make it younger than ten or older than 100.

• Do I really need to explain gender?

• The next field is a fairly large one for your character's description. This encompasses your character's personality, habits, likes, dislikes, attitude towards certain subjects, perhaps even their appearance, if you have no image, and, well, anything else about him/her/it that you'd like to say. This should probably be fairly long.

• The biography of your character is their life story up until the point just before the RP starts. In this second last field, you need to tell us the circumstances of your character's birth, the life your character has lived so far and the events that shaped your character's past. Your bio doesn't have to be as long as the description.

• The final field is for your character's whereabouts, as specifically as possible. Why? So that users who newly join the RP can know where your characters are as to help them figure out how to jump in. Please edit this as frequently as needed.

• Lastly, you'll find a thingy on the lefthand side of the screen for pics. You guys will have to help me out here - I'm not sure how many you can upload. If it's only one, you'll have to be smart about making it so that all your characters are included (in which case it'll probably be wise to label them).

If we can get a good artist to join, we could have him/her draw our characters! Very Happy

Other Generalities

Character Use:

Travel:

There are many modes of travel on Novusvita, some of them surprisingly fast. Here I'll attempt to list each mode of transport most frequently used by each clan, including humans.

Long distance communication:

For humans, this is fairly simple: The radio network. Each colonist has a PDA*, vaquely shaped like a fairly thin transparrent phone, with them at suposedly all times. This includes information such as their identity, job, CV, work credits, authority, personal details and so on. The PDA is also linked to a small highly portable earpiece that allows, well, phone calls between colonists.

For Xen'vi, things are a bit different. It is possible to train the highly inteligent Palouka* to memorise messages and give them to certain people at certain places, or to train Fal'cost* to take a paper-message and deliver it to where-ever.

Another, yet unknown to humans comminication method Xen'vi use is the Kawsun* network, which is long distance communication via a network of plants capable of transmitting radio signals.

Due to not possesing the Xen'vi's electennae, humans are incapable of exploiting Palouka or Kawsun as communication methods without using complex machiens.

Item Management:

Hidden Stuff:

FAQ

*See Bestiary, Item Guide or Garage for more info.

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Nice. And slightly saddening on the subject of the deleted original.

I'll further review this later....
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:40 pm

It's interesting how NO ONE EVER SEEMS TO CONSULT WORD PROCESSORS WHEN MAKING LONG AND TIME-CONSUMING POSTS.

IT REALLY HELPS. AND THE CAPS was intentional.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 pm

When I write the battles I always do them on Word or OpenOffice. The rest of the time I usually scream about how I accidentally lost my eight paragraph rant on some topic.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 am

Every completed article or topic I create WILL be reviewed in a word prosessor when its completed, including this.

Mind you, I did it as a PM draft on the forum so that I could also work on it on my phone when my computer isn't available (such as every night, when I'm suposed to be in bed).

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I'll seriously consider suspending users who keep pointing out my crap spelling, especially in the way you just did, Geekus.

This is a casual forum and I am the admin. I created this forum as a nice place to orderly talk about the project. Please don't let me regret it.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:38 am

If this is a casual project why can't we talk about tea and crumpets?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

It's not that casual. There's still something to focus on.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am

Okay.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 pm

We seem to be having our own little Middle Eastern arguing and faction splitting...
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Oh my word, I can't even remember what I wrote under "Overview"... Neutral
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Lichen for World Dictator?
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 pm

TemporalV01D wrote:
Every completed article or topic I create WILL be reviewed in a word prosessor when its completed, including this.

Mind you, I did it as a PM draft on the forum so that I could also work on it on my phone when my computer isn't available (such as every night, when I'm suposed to be in bed).

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I'll seriously consider suspending users who keep pointing out my crap spelling, especially in the way you just did, Geekus.

This is a casual forum and I am the admin. I created this forum as a nice place to orderly talk about the project. Please don't let me regret it.

Not about the spelling. More about the failure to save. The word processor thing was so it was possible to save the stuff and not have it get destroyed, and I was unaware of your nighttime postings. I have no gripes about spelling, and I will only make comments about it when it is either especially ironic or I can make it funny in a way that doesn't insult people. I promise. *raises right hand*

And it was less you than everyone but me, Lichen, and one or two RPers on the Sporum that I know.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:34 am

Glad you understand.

I think I remember what I wrote at "Overview" now.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 pm

If not I have a suggestion...
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Please give all suggestions. Even better, fill the thing out they way you'd see fit and I'll adapt it! Very Happy Well, atleast the first one.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 am

Actually I was referencing my "Lichen for world dictator" post but let's see what I can post that is actually productive....

What do we want for the overview? Is it a summary or what?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 am

It basically a summary of what the RP's about. Stuff like "You are an inhabitant on Novusvita, blah, blah, blah" will go there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RP OP - Very Incomplete   The RP OP - Very Incomplete Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The RP OP - Very Incomplete
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: