The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uber Edit Time =D

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:59 pm

I'll get on to doing that tomorrow. A bit busy trying to console a friend at the moment.

I'm sure a better title will be found later on. That one isn't too lame.

Neato. Priska. Fun.

Secret Oivah'ji agent and a princess? I dunno, does seem a bit much. But it would be neat.
Back to top Go down
Galactic conquerer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello guys.Smile Long time no see. Good to see this forum is still up and running. I'm sorry for being gone so long, ive just been busy and once people started leaving I decided to leave as well. I promise to check in on this forum but I wont be on as much as I used to. Glad to be back.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:18 am

GALACTIC!!! Very Happy

@Xeno: Anyway, that's okay. And I think I should rather not make Viera an Oivah'ji (as per usual, the new name's gonna have to take a bit of getting used to xD ) agent. But she's not a princess, but the daughter of the village pair and thus the obligated future leader of the village. I'm probably gonna turn the village into a town, though. But still.

Oh, and I'm about to post in the Beta Writing section. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Galactic conquerer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:46 am

Hows this project going? You guys the only ones still here?
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:55 am

It's going rather well, me thinks. And yes, we're the only ones still here, it seems.

@Temp: Well, it's the same sort of thing as a princess.

Beta writing section. Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:17 am

So, copy pasting and quoting things. That's a lot of things. Like this?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 am

Yes, but can leave out the bay, the royal ship, Priskas and pretty much anything less than four lines long. If you're up to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Galactic conquerer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:20 pm

So what can I do to help?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:14 am

I guess you could help with what I asked Xeno to do a few posts up.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:14 am

Chater 4, nothing more than four lines, Chapter 6...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:17 am

Oh. I thought there'd be more. If the less-than-4-lines ones seem important, I suppose you could post them too. Sorry about my indecisiveness...
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Heh, righto. I'll look throw it again later.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 am

I just re-thought and figured out how the character points of view are going to work for each book:

Book I:
-David; Viera; Kenji
-Priantos; Lash'irr; Nomad

Book II:
-David; Priantos; Nomad
-Kenji; Kate; Caylin

Book III:
-David; Viera; Priantos; Kate; Tiard; Nomad
(Character/chapter divisions not yet decided)

As you may notice, there are now 9 points of view (as 9, to me, is the best alternative to 12 (12 POV's was just too messy)), with three characters having POV's in all three novels (David, Priantos and Nomad (new character. Will explain below)), three characters having POV's in two of the novels each (Viera, Kenji and Kate) and three characters having POV's in only one novel each (Lash'irr, Caylin and Tiard). I had to make some tough choices, for example, cutting Viera's point of view out of Book II (simply because not enough happens in her storyline in Book II, so explaining what happened in Book II shouldn't be to difficult) and Caylin's point of view out of Book III (I'll have to make due with Kate's).

So, who's this Nomad person?

Personally, she's one of my favourite characters so far and I think readers will find her pretty epic as well. She's largely going to be an enigma in Books I and II and her true identity will only be revealed midway through Book II.

Nomad is the pseudonym (her real name's Emily Vance) of a female human in her mid-twenties or thirties who's either the sole survivor of an exploration party that went missing long ago, and the went rogue for some reason (likely Jaylen-related). Anyway, she travels with a huge rucksack of supplies, a hoverbike and two adorable little spider droids that help defend her and repair each other or her bike if needed. She travels Novusvita nomadically (hence her nickname) and is a very enigmatic figure and known throughout quite a few tribal communities where she'll trade for food or even live with the natives for a while. he's generally pretty badass, an excellent fighter and an expert in fending for herself (which includes knowing what Novusvitan foods a human can eat). She wears these epic goggles and a multitude of blankets and garments over her Hexsuit (making her look like someone living through a nuclear war), as said suit stopped working long ago (though she managed to keep the breather working and still wear the suit for defense (as it serves as an excellent armour)). Seeing as the members of the missing exploration party were never found, Nomad could be any one of them and I'm also going to refer to her as "he" until her identity is revealed (which will be one of those "OMG it's a girl!!" moments for added epicness).

She's also an Oivah'ji agent and believes herself to be the "Third" (as David and Priantos have already been marked as the first two of the prophesied three destined to defeat the Shadow). I'm actually gonna keep Kate the real Third, but only reveal this at the end of the trilogy.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 am

I think that sounds neat. Heh, I'm sure her thinking she's the "Third" while in reality it's actually Kate will create some interesting drama between those two.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks. And indeed it will. Smile

So basically, aside from redoing the investigation and generally editing and adding to much of the first book, I'm also gonna throw Kenji and Nomad's POV's into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Galactic conquerer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Hows the book coming along?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:57 am

Well, since I posted that I've been working, so no more progress yet. Tomorrow I plan on writing muchly, though.

Oh, and Stephanie doesn't exist anymore. Her role has been replaced by Donathan and David where applicable. I'm doing this because I can't think of a proper role for her in Books II and III and her disexistence doesn't make a difference.

Oh, and Steven is no longer just a guard, but somewhat of the AI and information handler of Darwin (he deals with software, which makes his role more plausible). He's also going to be introduced better so that readers will know he is or will probably be important.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:03 am

Aw, I think I'll miss Steph. Although she never really did much. And then wouldn't do anything in the other books. Mmh. Seems like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:21 am

The series is also going to be quite a bit more political, now. For instance, I'm bringing in another new character (but not a POV character), Brethin, son of King Dalash (for whom I also want to give a new name, like "Dalarr" or something) sole heir to the throne unless he is voted as not being suitable for the monarchy, which would mean removing the current royal family from office (in Valieren society, each province has a ruling family which can be voted to be the royal family. So it's pretty much a combination of democracy and monarchy).

Then there's of course the whole Valieren civil war thing.

There's a lot more, but I can't think of any at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:26 am

Oh, that'll be interesting.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:43 am

*See new "Series Plots" thread.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 am

Okay, it just occurred to me that we still need to discuss Kenji's POV in Book I (and Nomad's, but we can cover that in her thread).

Okay, the reason I'm including Kenji's POV is because Priantos won't be able to observe the whole global political climate (even if that's mainly the Valiero'ji's) on his own. That's where Kenji comes in. Now, originally I needed an ambassador figure in Book II, which is why I changed Kenji's profession at the end of Book I, but now I'm gonna have Kenji be an ambassador from the start. His POV is also gonna fall in with David's chapters (like Nomad's will fall in with Priantos').

So far I'm going to have him start with David on the UEF Algol II to Novusvita. On board David and Kenji will meet for the first time and start a friendship which will continue as they're both stationed at Darwin in the first book. Kenji will initially go through a number of courses or whatever to familiarize himself more with the Zen'ji nations, politics and culture and whatnot. His first tasks will be visiting the local villages and whatnot (including Viera's after Donathan goes missing (which I'm also going to change somewhat), with Rose (who dies in the crash) as supervisor). Eventually he'll be sent with the current ambassador (a new incarnation of Stephanie which I just decided I need) on regular occasions to the Svia'ji and Valiero'ji capitols (mainly the latter), where he'll mainly observe (maybe speak out of turn once or twice). In part three he'll become actively involved in the search or David and, after managing the active co-operation of Svia'ji village which David and Viera would be likely to head to (which led to their eventual rescue), he'll be promoted to ambassador for his next shift (in Book II) to replace his predecessor (Stephanie-now-an-ambassador), who will, like Donathan, not return to Darwin in Book II.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 pm

I would appear to be going on vacation for the rest of the summer. Talk to you at the end of August, I reckon. Although I'm sure I'll find time to post here eventually.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:36 am

I was wondering about your absence... Well, enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:05 pm

'Tisn't too great, actually. Been sitting around without the internet, for the most part. Evidently I have internet now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uber Edit Time =D   Uber Edit Time =D - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uber Edit Time =D
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next