The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)

Go down 
+3
Balufire
Xeno
LichenDragon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:40 am

Huh?
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:03 pm

I think he means a tornado form blizzard, which I think is extremely unlikely even on other planets.

There is such thing as a Blizzard-Hurricane though. Like the one that ravaged New England, US, in 1888.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:19 pm

That seems highly unlikely, given that for a tornado to form there needs to be a large mass of conflicting high/low pressure fronts, and snow is unlikely to form in... uh... whichever one is hotter.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:46 pm

I didn't mean an actually tornado, like what Lichen said, A blizzard or large snow storm that acts like a tornado, with the high winds, swirling winds, and maybe a vortex.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:06 am

I'm up for the ice-hurricanes. I wonder, would hypercanes form in the more tropical zones?
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:46 pm

TemporalV01D wrote:
I'm up for the ice-hurricanes. I wonder, would hypercanes form in the more tropical zones?

DOES NOT COMPUTE. PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 pm

He's talking about by reference to the 1888 Blizzard/Hurricane and Hypercanes, which are basically Mega-Hurricanes.

The Blizzard/Hurricane probably going to be almost completely unknown to Novuvsita due to the lack of seasons.

The Hypercane I expect is also pretty much moot due to the relatively small areas given to storms, think of them like Earth but even slightly more less likely.

And since we have few steady winds overall storms are going to be mostly rain in they can even form at all. (According to the idea that wind will be variable.)
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 pm

I would think of much of Novusvita as being similar to the tropics on Earth. Warm, humid climate with light to somewhat heavy showers almost daily in the afternoon. The weather patterns don't seem consistent enough for much else.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Agreed. But I can definitely see squalls ripping galleys (and *Cough* floating cities in open water *Cough*) to shreds.

Not to mention it's always cold at the poles probably meaning that most complex life will have a very traceable limit to how far south and north they exist.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:04 am

According to... Balu, I think, the oceans are mostly glassy smooth the whole time.

Wouldn't Novusvita's semi-eratic orbit have any influence on weather?
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 am

Good point, I guess we have the Elliptical orbits and gravitational swings.

The Elliptical orbit will probably only have a minor influence on the seasons though the swings may cause a cycle of warm, warmer, and cooler.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am

And wind wise? I mean, a glass-still ocean is kinda cool, but also rather boring.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 am

There will be wind and waves, certainly currents, which mean waves and wind will exist as long as there is an atmosphere, because things heat differently.

Aka = Wind and waves.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 am

Yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 pm

So there could be sail ships?
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Maybe, I really don't know if Balufire is right on the Wind-Waves thing.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Completely smooth seas would be quite interesting. If only because it's different from Earth.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

But there would be waves and wind, and currents.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Mhm.

It wouldn't make sense without waves. If there is wind, there are waves.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:47 pm

There has to be wind otherwise there would be no atmosphere so there are waves.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 pm

So, sailboats exist. That makes life easier for the Aari'vi (less rowing! Yay!).
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Which could make Galleasses possible!
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:41 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 am

Who even knows what they are?!
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Me.

Giant galleys with more sails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next