The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)

Go down 
+3
Balufire
Xeno
LichenDragon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LichenDragon
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:25 pm

I said there was wind, but it wasn't constant because the atmosphere is thicker than earth's. The wind would be quite strong, but it would be fairly rare. The Light and heat would be absorbed higher in the atmosphere instead of on the ground, creating High pressure and low pressure about Cloud level on Earth. Almost all wind would be from the Coriolis effect, and that would be weak because the planet is smaller.

And there would be waves, they would be big, but they would be rare again. They would almost be like Rogue waves, except about half the size. Currents would be strong though because of the active plate movement, spinning of the earth.

I know what I am talking about...kinda anyway, its not like I go around messing with the Ecosystem or anything... We could thin down the atmosphere remove some of the Sulfur Dioxide which reflects sunlight but traps heat. This would make it slightly colder planet wide and make the suns very bright. (DANGEROUS RADIATION = No good) That is the only solution I can think of... Some one find another.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 am

Would it be plausible for the atmosphere to have no SO2 in it?
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:36 am

So... no Galleys?
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:49 am

Galleys would be the only possible ship to use. But moving across the Ocean would be much slower because of the constant strain to balance movement and slaves.

No Galleasses sadly.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:00 am

Unless those previously mentioned seahorses could be procured, mainly for peacetime vessels.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Probably.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:29 pm

But what niche would they fill?

It's one thing to domesticate land animals and small fish.

But something that could pull a ship? And how would you steer them? Breed them? Feed them?
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Brainwashing techniques.

In other words, you don't.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:00 pm

The Aari'Vi are sea people, the seahorses are sea horses.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 pm

I, I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 pm

They would domesticate the sea horse thingies exactly the same way as one would domesticate a horse.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

But how? It's hard to raise animals that are marine, they usually have much more peculiar breeding conditions and have the entire ocean to roam. Not to mention it again but...

How would you steer them? Breed them? Feed them? Stop them from diving below and pulling the bow of the ship with them?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:37 am

Perhaps the seahorse things are passive and perhaps like interaction with the Xen'vi (think dolphins, perhaps). This way Xen'vi can easily get close enough to them to do whatever. And I don't think feeding will be a problem if we make them filter feeders.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:55 am

So, lets say my pet dolphin and I are out in the ocean. Could I trust it to pull me to shore, a few kilometers away, while being shot at by random people?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:54 am

If you train it to ignore the people shooting. Think of training a dolphin to work like a horse. It may seem rediculous, but we are working with alien creatures, after all.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:10 am

How do you train something to ignore being shot?
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:17 am

Like you train a warhorse to skewer itself on pikes.

And if they're filter feeders what's their range? They'd be limited to special ocean waters.

And dolphins are really bad pets, they'll kill you just as likely as save you. For fun.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:46 am

Okay, so maybe dolphins were a bad example.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:12 pm

They'll kill entire schools of porpoises just because they can! Not to mention rape, incest and murder.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Ummm, are we talking about dolphins here, or just animals in general. I do believe horses are notorious for incest rape and murder. Just like Deer, Penguins, Dogs, not so much cats, but Raccoons, Bats, and most animals. Including Humans.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Cats are too majestic to do such things.

But back on topic, I just think that most candidates would either be:

Limited by water environment,
limited by food source,
too slow to breed,
to large to handle without significant danger,
simply non-social,
too slow at motion,
too easily spooked,
etc.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 am

I think someone had better start creating the creature. I suggest making it a Duos and using one of the more ancient, limbless mouths.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 am

Is that a "Dudeman gets the last word" tone I hear?

I don't suggest a filter feeder, eh, try some sort of animal that maybe scavenges along shorelines for fruits, marine life and algaes but also mates out at sea. Make it about the size of perhaps a Basking Shark at best and is a surface animal. Maybe even breaths air.

Also make it social and have a social hierarchy.

I may or may not make it, probably not right now.

Last edited by LichenDragon on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:48 pm

It could be some sort of filter feeder that eats small liquiphites which float on the surface of the water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next