The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)

Go down 
+3
Balufire
Xeno
LichenDragon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LichenDragon
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Well liquiphites would probably be like plankton and therefor be somewhat specific to certain water types. And since we have currents we're going to have different water temperatures all over the place.

I think an animal that feeds on just about anything (feed-able by ship's stores) and is equipped with a social nature would make it much more plausible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 pm

I don't really image liquiphites as plankton.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Why not? They're photosynthesizers (or what ever it is for Novuvsita), drift in the ocean, depend on currents to supply nutrients, and are completely at the mercy of currents not to take them into near freezing or scorching waters.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Not all liquiphites are tiny little things.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm

So big mats or blobs? Strands? Either way they're left to the mercy of the currents.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:32 pm

They use photosynthesis. How could they live if they weren't on or near the surface?
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm

I know next to nothing about creatures, especially ones from other planets, but I suppose they would differ in size and shape, most being either globular or sheetlike, Much like Jelly fish I am guessing, Jelly fish but not really jelly fish... Oh dear, I think I have confused my self...
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

*Xeno* I never said they weren't going to be near the surface, just that they, like Earth plankton would be subject to the currents, surface currents. Perhaps a filter feeder could work, this is science-fiction after all...

*Balu* It happens to all of us, most of the time in fact.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Me: "Small liquiphites which float on the surface of the water."

Then you said some other stuff which had little to do with this.

Me: "They use photosynthesis. How could they live if they weren't on or near the surface?"

So... yeah. That made little to no sense.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Okay, scratch everything I've said so far in this conversation. Lets just wing it and realism (or what ever I've been saying) be damned.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:13 am

Only some Liquiphites photosinthesize. The said species eaten by the seahorse-things are brobably mat-like green blobs floating on the ocean surface, probably most prominent in warmer waters.
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:22 am

Which would be larger or smaller in proportional ocean area than on Earth?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:31 am

I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean. Erm...
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 am

Would the ratio of "warmer" water to "colder" water in Novusvita's total ocean area be larger than Earth's?
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 am

I honestly do not know... I think I quickly need to work out a rough current system.

Would Novusvita spin in the same direction as Earth?
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 am

I don't know if it matters.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 am

Meh.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:23 pm

It does.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:07 pm

How so?
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes, please explain.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Well, Coriolis effect should be a good answer.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Oh, yeah. True.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 am

Ah, I see. Not sure if these currents are flowing in the wrong direction then:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 am

Something I hadn't brought up before because I hadn't seen the map:

It seems like water shortages would become a problem in the future.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 am

What do you mean?

Anyway, it's seriously time to get back on topic:

LichenDragon wrote:
If Dudeman you need me to change things, edit things, or spew blasphemy at me for this, please notify me.

But I can't form much a timeline.

• Do the Xen'Vi have knowledge of Gunpowder? The equivalent, yes.
  • What are the dates of eveything? No idea. The year system won't be in Earth years anyway.
  • What sort of mass extinctions occured? Asteroid impacts, majour solar flares, majour ocean current disturbances due to important channels opening or closing due to plate tectonics, super volcanoes, ice ages, global warming periods, etc.
  • How far have the Xen'Vi advanced into colonialism? (They must have started Colonialism considering the types of empires they have.) What?
  • May I go ahead and form my own ideas on how the Probing and Civilizations worked once you tell me their equvialent stage in history? (As in are they Tech wise in Antiquity or Medieval times or Napoleonic? Personally I favor 1500-1700's as a nice point of tech to work with in making stories since its such a time of rapid change.) We've allready established much of this, though the majour issue I have with your general interperatation is that the Jay'vi are the second most advanced - They're not. The only things they have that may make them seem advanced are guns. Here are all the clans ordered (from lowest to highest) in technological, coltural and intelectual advancement:
  • Technological: Qui'a; Oijah; Col'tun; Svia; Tita; Jay; Aari; Valiero; Iga.
  • Coltural: Col'tun; Tita; Iga; Oijah; Svia; Qui'a; Aari; Jay; Valiero.
  • Intelectual: Qui'a; Col'tun; Tita; Jay; Aari; Svia; Iga; Valiero; Oijah.

Timeline:

Date: Event:

, Agol System Forms from Nebula, planets including Novuvsita form amid turmoil

, Life arises on Novuvsita from ? (Seeded, spontaneous?) It originally originated on Novusvita at a subterranean level, mainly from hydrogen and sulphur compunds. Early Novusvitan life was bound to a subterranean level due to direct sunlight breaking down their molecular compounds.

, Compound harvesting allows first organisms to exist in direct sunlight.

, Compound harvesting leads independantly to Minerallians and the precursers to the first Imperia.

, Imperia evolve, initially as organelle clumps within Liquiphites. Eventually said Liquiphites become vestages and eventually first cells no longer need Liquiphite boddies to survive.

, First multicellular life forms through cell herding and later cell colonies. Gradually Imperial life becomes larger and larger.

, First Disymmetra form.

, Duososida evolve.

, Sentient Xen'Vi for the first time make use of fashioned tools in Xena

, Xen'Vi begin agriculture and domestication of certain flora and animals

, Xen'vi spread to much of Novusvita, first seperate nations form.

, Precurser Iga'vi nation forms in central Gharo'zaghira, precurser Valiero'vi nation forms in Cyro'bar.

, Precurser Iga nation spreads northward, taking over smaller nations and tribes. First Iga civil war breaks out, (original) southern part of nation breaks off and forms Jay'vi.

, Iga becomes gigantic empire, war with Valiero. Iga defeats Valiero and takes west of Valiero territory.

, Second Iga civil war, rebels cast out into the mountains to die. Rebels form Oijah'vi in secrecy and find something in the vast mountain cave systems.

2217, Humans first discover Novuvsita using probes, further probes discover life from orbit

, Probes are sent to surface and find complex life in large amounts, probes lost one by one to terrain, weather and wildlife (I never said this, but okay.)

2229, Manned ships enter Agol System and launch landing parties, small colonies built in Northern hemisphere, first Human to Xen'Vi contact initiated. God/Demon-like status given to alien Humans

, ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next