The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scenes you'd like to see

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

Scenes you'd like to see Empty
PostSubject: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:22 am

[Pending]
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Small sections or chapters where the political events of the planet from view point of the Xen'Vi I think would add a little variety.

So say that at the same time we were reading about the main character was acquainting himself with the planet a representative meaning of diplomats from several of the "Civilized" nations are arguing about how the Iga'Vi ships have issued letters of Marque to pirates to raid Aari'Vi ships and have built up armies on Jay'Vi borders.

Say:

The Jay'Vi diplomats who had previously been silent during the high delegate's speech suddenly burst into a flurry of anger and rage at the suggestion of ceding 400 miles of Jay'Vi farmland into Iga'Vi hands. The Aari'Vi delegates leaped to their feet along with the Jay'Vi for of those 400 miles 56 were their colony of Des'Milii. The Iga'Vi simply smirked at the six Xen'Vi, the Valier'Vi diplomats were willing to side with the Iga'Vi and most of the delegates from the minor nations would prefer peace with the Iga'Vi in contrast to complete annihilation. The High Delegate yelled for the six enraged Xen'Vi to sit down.
"I'm sure that the Iga'Vi would happily give land of equal value or currency to repay for the lost land. It seems to me that the Iga'Vi born residents of the territory would be better off placed under Iga'Vi control."
At this an Iga'Vi delegate rose and spoke, "We'll gladly hand over 200 miles of Iga'Vi land to the Jay'Vi from the Horn Peninsula while we'll have been compensated for the Aari'Vis' failure to control corsairs attacking Iga'Vi shipping in the south."
Once again the Delegation Hall was filled with the shouts of raging delegates.

As a tiny example of what I'm thinking of, a little sub-plot that could help tie into the main story and how the Xen'Vi are reacting to the Humans and might be used to explain some other subjects that otherwise would leave the reader confused.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 am

They don't have meatings like that...

But I like your idea. Perhaps David or Viera can hear of the events.

I'm gonna quickly make a rough timeline of events in the novel in the Writer's Guild section.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:36 am

I'd like to see the Valiero'vi kill the Iga. Because the Valiero are awesome. Because they ride on the horses I made.

Oh, and I'd like to see David try to ride an alien horse, but fall off and get trampled so I can laugh at him.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 am

That can be arranged.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 am

What about the Jay'Vi and their Horse-things and Arquebus? Heck, I could write up a really awesome outfit for their crack troops!

BTW do they have Greek fire or Naptha?

I think an alliance against the Iga'Vi by several of the major powers would be in order.

And a last note, it could be any thing like that, I was just thinking of quick windows into the Xen'Vis' points of view in the story. I always like books that give you at least a semi-omnipotent point of view to the reader. But it doesn't matter a lot.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:12 am

I can imagine Iga'vi using Greek fire in battle. It would be cool.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:31 am

We'll get the muntiple view point thing. I've allready planned a few scenes.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:59 am

Good.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 am

Quite.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Just working on some ideas for the major battles, I'm just going to keep this post an in progress for awhile.

Iga'Vi assault on Valiero'Vi Capital:

The Siege of ________

Belligerents:

-----------------
Iga'Vi North Army

Corsair Mercenaries
--------------------
Valiero'Vi Imperial Militia

Valiero'Vi Imperial Army

Aari'Vi/Valiero'Vi Sailors
--------------------

_______, Valiero'Vi Capital

Forces:

Iga'Vi Northern Army - 1800 Imperial Pikemen, 2000 Iga'Vi Levies, 1400 Misc. Levies, 900 Archers, 1000 Arquebus, 250 Mounted Lancers, 550 Skirmishers/Scouts, 43 Cannons, 4 Rocket Teams

Corsair Mercenaries - 450 Pikemen, 750 Marines, 200 Arquebus

Valiero'Vi Mercenaries - 500 Assorted Calvary

Valiero Imperial Militia - 750 Pikemen, 500 Calvary Archers, 2000 Valiero'Vi Levies, 500 Archers, 100 Arquebus, 600 Skirmishers/Scouts, 15 Cannons (Fixed)

Valiero'Vi Imperial Army - 900
Assorted Horse Archers/Lancers

Aari'Vi/Valiero'Vi Sailors - 400 Sailors, 300 Marines

Battle:

In 2230
the
Northern Iga'Vi Army of 10,000 Xen'Vi led by general Zaqua'Ji
massed
upon the Valiero'Vi borderlands and was met by the
Valiero'Vi
Imperial Army. The battle resulted in mass casualties
for the
Valiero'Vi. The Iga'Vi then moved into the Valiero'Vi
interior where
they sacked numerous cities until reaching the
Valiero'Vi capital of
_______. The army also bolstered their
depleted calvary force by
hiring in captured Valiero'Vi. It would
prove to be a mistake.

As the army marched within the final
distance local militias and
regrouped Valiero'Vi troops began to
launch raids on the marching
columns. In response to the attacks
constant raiding parties moved
out and began to assault the local
villages which succeeded in
drawing away the harassers. Around 50
of the Valiero'Vi mercenaries
deserted during the raids. They
brought detailing information on the
state of the Iga'Vi army to
the city. The skirmishes would continue
for days as the Iga'Vi
formed their bulwarks for the siege.

The Valiero'Vi forces
similarly were
preparing the cities' walls for the assault and
closed off all
civilian travel through the gates. What Xen'Vi they
could they
drafted for the militias and equipped. The river
traffic was halted
for fear of infiltrators and troops were kept
on the walls at all
times. What ships were in the cities' ports
were stripped of their
crews and soldiers. As the Iga'vi began
their bombardment the
Valiero'Vi did their best (if in vain)
attempt to subdue the
relentless fire with ballista shot.

The
Iga'Vi artillery concentrated on the gates and walls, knocking out
most battlements and bastions. They then struck the walls where they
afforded the least resistance to the shelling. After 23 days the
walls were crumbled at several points and constant firing would not
afford the Valiero'Vi a chance to make repairs. Not at the least that
the walls were partially cleared of defenders, for even threats did
not send the militias to the murderous pounding. Unfortunately for
the Iga'Vi their recruits of Valiero'Vi soldiers were down to 250
from the original 500, mostly lost to desertions, many of which
brought detailed accounts of the Iga'Vi forces and movements. This
included the date of the initial assault.

On that day the Iga'Vi forces gathered
their crack troops and readied themselves in the dawn. At the same
time 400 Valiero'Vi calvary gathered behind a sally port in the walls. The gate was hidden behind a thin brick sheet and so far was unknown to the Iga'Vi. At the moment the rays of light streaked over the Valiero'Vi walls 3000 Iga'Vi stormed forward wielding Iron Cats, grenades, flamethrowers and ladders. Taking only sporadic fire from the pinned down Valiero'Vi defenders they overran the militias defending the caved in walls only to find lines of soldiers blocking their rout into the city. Bottlenecked and taking heavy fire the Iga'Vi advance ground to a halt as soon as they entered the city. One levied Valiero'Vi merchant stated,

The roars of the Blayards (Degenerative term for Iga'Vi nationalites) rose greatly as they rushed over the bastions and slew the poor Xen'Vi upon the walls. The wails alerted us and so we brought our spears and pavises level and the clash of the impact of our titans and theirs rang out with such force that a great cry echoed from the city. The murderous thunder of the heathen's guns struck down many of us with no regard but soon with the spirits with us we shoved the Blayards backwards against the walls where we slew a great many of them to their horror yet to our triumphant.

At this point the Valiero'Vi calvary burst through the sally port and charged in a stream towards the Iga'Vi archers which had otherwise caused much injury to the poorly armored Valiero'Vi. Before they pushed through and broke from the Iga'Vi they were swarmed by a division of elite Svia'Vi border archers who held the calvary in place till the levies came up and forced the calvary to surrender. Unfortunately the rest of the battle quickly turned against the Iga'Vi and by the end of the day 2000-2750 Xen'Vi were killed many being elite Iga'Vi soldiers. Of the Valiero'Vi their main infantry forces were decimated though with renewed vigor from the victory. Of the three main breaches of the walls only one was still held by the Iga'Vi still at nightfall. Under steady forays by Valiero'Vi the Iga'Vi pulled out during the night. The first assault had been a disaster due to the leaked information by escaping Valiero'Vi. Upon this realization all remaining Valiero'Vi fighting for the Iga'Vi were immediately executed.

With over 2000 casualties and little to show for it the ga'Vi were put on hold while they regrouped. The Valiero'Vi took 2500 casualties and were met with the problem of defending the entire city which would stretch their forces so thin that defense would be near impracticable.

It would not be for over two weeks before a new attack would begin.

Last edited by LichenDragon on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 am

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:20 pm

I would like to read something to the point of really cool sounding floating cities... and the cave people brandishing really awesome weapons.
Cause the Aari and Ojiah are my Favorites...
Mainly because I love the Water and Caves, Especially Underwater caves. I don't know why...
And Broken Glass, but that is a different story not for this forum.

I also would like to read something to the effect of showing the sadism of the Iga leader. As well as the death of the Iga leader by his own people...
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Why does the emperor always have to be completely evil?

It's the same plot over and over again.

Make him puppet ruler, though either way I'd think his own nationalities would be relatively good natured towards him. But many of those conquered by the Iga'Vi would probably very happily tear him (Or her) to shreds.

That's not including a military cue that could say, take place inside the citadel as the allied armies besiege them from the outside.

And I must still disagree with the feasibility of floating cities, what's the purpose of a city if it's in the middle of the Ocean? It's unusable as a port and could only hold a very small population.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Because it make it hard for you to blow his brains out if he is good natured(Is that a word?)

BTW I said leader, not emperor for a reason, By limiting who the leader is seriously cuts down on major plot decisions. For instance, the true leader could be a corrupt military official who has a bit too much nose in the emperors @$$. But the emperor could be good natured, naive, and in his peoples minds a traitor. He would be killed by his people while the official watches in sadisfaction (Sadism Satisfaction).

In mind of the floating cities, you mean other than the awesomeness of knowing that if your position is leaked to the enemy you could easily move before they can reach you. And if you realize this fact too late, you have many weapons on many ships to defend your city. As well as the fact that its freaking awesome to be in the middle of the ocean and still see your best friend daily who works else where in another boat. As well as the ability to gather more food for the numerous people using nets and such. It could also give a fairly strategical advantage where it allows them to communicate quickly.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm

What about the fact that moving such an object without currents would massacre the population and that slave-labor would be killed off too quickly to be used?

If they can't utilize the wind then they'd have to row. Rowing in a galley during the 16th century = You should jump over board to save yourself.

This would be worse because its much bigger and there'd be no help from the wind. On Novuvsita ships are going to have to stay relatively close to the shorelines because they'll need to return to land every 3-4 days in good conditions. The problems are water and food. Food can be derived from the ocean but not all the nutrients life needs could possibly be found easily in the ocean. Ever hear of Scurvy? It's what happens when your ship is out of limes for a month or more. Even if Xen'Vi aren't dependent on fruits and vegies I have a hard time forseeing their supplies being effectively taken care of.

On a less "Crush your dreams note", I see what you mean on the leader thing.

And I'm pretty sure that "Good Natured" is a legitimate phrase, but I too noticed the whole red line thingy.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

Geek is right on the Iga-leader thing.

The floating cities DO NOT MOVE. Unless they have no choice. They are anchored to the sea floor (but probably close to shore).

Scurvy is a human disease.

Really, why not? They do have land cities, but also multiple ocean cities. The ships are normally built in the land cities, so that shouldn't be a problem. If it's really that much of a problem for you, give me one really bubble-implodingly good reason why sea-cities are unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 am

It's an example, the Xen'Vi being land animals are probably tied to land
by the need of some nutrient not available in the oceans.

Okay, they'd by pretty easy to siege and wipe out quickly then since all one needs to do is cut off the shipments of water.

I'm really being a bit of a idea crusher lately haven't I? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm

If they had some sort of way to desalinate the water then floating cities would be more likely. I can't really see why they'd need floating cities though. Xen'vi are land animals; living in the sea wouldn't really help them, at least in any way I know of.

I think this floating cities thing needs a thread of its own.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

How could they desalinate on a large enough scale to supply an entire city?

Why not simply use an island with a fresh water spring?

But I digress, on the battles, I assume you already have a set plan for them.

In the Iga'Vi vs Valiero'Vi the Iga'Vi win right?
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 pm

I recall reading something which said that Matla gets over 50% of its water from desalination.

I want the Valiero to win, because they're just that awesome, but that would be unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm

In my little imagination of the battle I'm expecting that the Valiero'Vi get their !@#'s handed to them by superior tactics and weaponry, for all their valor and will power.

Well, that's considering modern technology while back in the day they simply used the island springs. Water's always been a problem for Malta, it was one of the biggest dangers to the Ottomans in their siege of the island.

Last edited by LichenDragon on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:05 pm

In my little imagination the Iga get cocky and the Valiero have an epic surprise attack victory, take over the planet, then be destroyed by Taco Gazelle invaders.

My imagination is weird.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Just because you're powerful doesn't make you always extremely incautious. Their generals don't forge great empires by being over confident.

And your imagination is relatively normal.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Meh, I just want the Valiero to win because i made their horses.

Iga would definitely win. They are a larger empire and have far more advanced technology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scenes you'd like to see
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: