The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.
The ALTERVERSE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalGalleryAlterverse WikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scenes you'd like to see

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
LichenDragon
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:17 pm

At the same time perhaps it would have to be a land colony, because such warfare would be made moot by the whole: "Set the freaking raft on fire and enjoy the show."

They've got to have a number of land colonies, in fact a majority just because of practicality.

I think I just came up with the best of both worlds:

A floating city of rafts around a volcanic island. The main city is located on the rafts while massive plantations/mines/what ever the heck they make money from/ is done on the island itself, because of the limited space.

I like that idea very much and allows for a epic siege scenario.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 pm

It does. That could be the epic ending to the book Dudeman wants. It would also prove that, despite how advanced they are, the Iga'vi are not invincible.

Last edited by Xeno on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Or that they really suck to fight against. Or that an alliance of the major powers (Holy League) could win a victory from the hands of defeat.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm

That too.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:27 pm

I guess we need to discuss it.

But instead I'll simply post a smiley: Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 45349 of me thinking.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:31 pm

If at some point in time the Iga'vi decide to start going out and attacking other clans, they could all unite as something like the Holy League. Or maybe we could have WWI: Xen'vi version.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:48 pm

I could for see this political situation:

Most advanced nations (Valiero'Vi, Iga'Vi, Aari'Vi and Jay'Vi) are neutral to each other other then skirmishes and raids across Jay'Vi and Iga'Vi borders due to local political strife.

The Aari'Vi are major traders and do well to stay out of wars and follow as such.

The Iga'Vi launch an invasion of Valiero'Vi at the same time demanding ceding of Jay'Vi land and Aari'Vi colonies to the Iga'Vi empire because the local "Iga'Vi People" in the regions are being suppressed by foreign powers.

As the Iga'Vi rampage through Valiero'Vi lands after decimating the Valiero'Vi army they begin breaking treaties and advancing into Svia'Vi lands attempting to crush resistance while moving towards the few major permanent cities of the Svia'Vi. (Think Meso-American Stone/plaster cities)

Afterward (Whether they succeed or not I do not know) they launch an attack on the Aari'Vi capital and begin a long relentless siege against the half raft, half land city.

The Jay'Vi begin to turn the gears of their war machine and begin brokering alliances with the remaining territories of the Aari'Vi and Valiero'Vi. Collecting soldiers from all around the other nations (Qua'A'Vi, Cul'Ton'Vi, Svia'Vi) they begin a naval war against the rappidly expanding Iga'Vi.

After slowing winning the seas from the Iga'Vi the League attacks the land bases and major cities of the Iga'Vi while staying ahead of the Iga'Vi land armies by using ships. (The Iga'Vi having lost theirs in the naval war)

Eventually they cut off supplies to the Iga'Vi capital, begin to spark rebellions in the Iga'Vi controlled lands. (The right and bottom continents that the Iga'Vi own on the map)

Eventually they begin a mighty siege of the heavily defended capital. While the defending Iga'Vi are just a couple thousand and are extremely outnumbered they hold off the League to the point that the alliance is breaking down when a military cue throws the puppet emperor and his colleagues to be killed by the now very unhappy Iga'Vi civilians.

This allows the League to enter the city and begin the final subduing of the Iga'Vi on the main land as the Iga'Vi armies break down from mutiny and desertion.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 pm

I think that it would be awesome, and could happen over the course of the three books. If Dudeman already has a plot planned for the book then this could sort of be happening in the background, then become a much bigger part of the story as the war progresses.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm

That's the idea. I prefer a side role that's lenient and flexible in doing plays, same it appears with helping to write books.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 pm

That can always take up those writer's-block chapters.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

geekus_sapiens wrote:
About the waves: Given the fact that the gravity on Novusvita is somewhat lower than on Earth, you'd expect the tides to be greater and for the waves to be larger. Really, the effect would be slight, and the addition of a third (the second moon) and a fourth (the third sun) major object affecting the tides would mute out most of it except for a few very select situations, such as both moons aligning or the suns aligning, etc.

I do believe I said this before, but waves form from tides and wind, and the occasional earth quake. Because the atmosphere is insulating, it keeps heat in, preventing the cool air above to settle below, except at the poles. This is due to an extremely weak Coriolis effect because of the planets size, and density of its atmosphere.

Gravity is 51% of Earth's making things bigger in comparison. Winds would be about the same strength, but less frequent. Waves would be almost unheard of unless in a storm. The only predictable navigation by water currents or some sort of internal propulsion system. So I wouldn't worry about waves. And tides would indeed be mostly canceled out. Except when the two moons and the barycentre go into eclipse every (?) cycles.

I do think I failed to ask the strength of the magnetosphere. For the efficiency of a compass or other device to find direction is essential for any if not all travel, because I don't even know if there is a navigator star to go by instead.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Sorry, I had read something different than what you had said initially about seafaring.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Oh there is no need to be sorry, misunderstandings happen, we are all mortal after all, we make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:35 am

STOP!!!

@Balu:
Quote :
They haven't faced a direct attack on their territory (the Iga'vi are more interested in claiming land) in over a century. They don't really see the need for siege-proof cities.
Let me refrase: They (the Aari) haven't faced a direct attack on their (the Aari's) territory because the Iga (the only available attackers) are more interested in claiming land.

Better?

And the Xen'vi can drink both salt and fresh water because of something. If they had to drink salt water, they wouldn't be able to live far inland, thus effing up everything.

I haven't read anything else. If you have anything you wanna ask/tell/sort-out-with ME do so now and don't post on this thread again untill I reply.

I can't keep up with all your posts.
Back to top Go down
https://alterverse.forumotion.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle
Xeno

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Lichen and I had a big discussion about the Siege of Malta and some sort of World War on Novusvita. You might want to read that.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 pm

I could for see this political situation:

Most advanced nations
(Valiero'Vi, Iga'Vi, Aari'Vi and Jay'Vi) are neutral to each other other
then skirmishes and raids across Jay'Vi and Iga'Vi borders due to local
political strife.

The Aari'Vi are major traders and do well to stay out of wars and follow as such.

The
Iga'Vi launch an invasion of Valiero'Vi at the same time demanding
ceding of Jay'Vi land and Aari'Vi colonies to the Iga'Vi empire because
the local "Iga'Vi People" in the regions are being suppressed by foreign
powers.

As the Iga'Vi rampage through Valiero'Vi lands after
decimating the Valiero'Vi army they begin breaking treaties and
advancing into Svia'Vi lands attempting to crush resistance while moving
towards the few major permanent cities of the Svia'Vi. (Think
Meso-American Stone/plaster cities)

Afterward (Whether they
succeed or not I do not know) they launch an attack on the Aari'Vi
capital and begin a long relentless siege against the half raft, half
land city.

The Jay'Vi begin to turn the gears of their war
machine and begin brokering alliances with the remaining territories of
the Aari'Vi and Valiero'Vi. Collecting soldiers from all around the
other nations (Qua'A'Vi, Cul'Ton'Vi, Svia'Vi) they begin a naval war
against the rappidly expanding Iga'Vi.

After slowing winning the
seas from the Iga'Vi the League attacks the land bases and major cities
of the Iga'Vi while staying ahead of the Iga'Vi land armies by using
ships. (The Iga'Vi having lost theirs in the naval war)

Eventually
they cut off supplies to the Iga'Vi capital, begin to spark rebellions
in the Iga'Vi controlled lands. (The right and bottom continents that
the Iga'Vi own on the map)

Eventually they begin a mighty siege
of the heavily defended capital. While the defending Iga'Vi are just a
couple thousand and are extremely outnumbered they hold off the League
to the point that the alliance is breaking down when a military cue
throws the puppet emperor and his colleagues to be killed by the now
very unhappy Iga'Vi civilians.

This allows the League to enter
the city and begin the final subduing of the Iga'Vi on the main land as
the Iga'Vi armies break down from mutiny and desertion.

What do you think?

I think the reason the Iga'Vi would attack is because the Aari'Vi are a threat to them with their large navy. Not to mention controlling key trading points and harbors.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident
geekus_sapiens

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:44 pm

If even the nearest quarter of the Aari trading empire was controlled by the Iga, it would probably give them access to all the important ports around one continent or ocean.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:01 pm

I simply see it as a "Kill off the potential threat" scenario. These are a nation of very skilled naval people who could very easily build up an armada and cause mass damage to Iga'Vi shipping and ports.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:07 am

I think you've gotta take the human colonies into account. Mainly the Darwinian territory between Valiero and Svia.

Also, the Jay aren't that advanced. Yes, they have guns, and yes, they have cities. However, most are nomadic hunter/marauders and mercenaries. Remember, their guns were created for hunting, not war.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 pm

*pout face*

They must at least have an organized government along the coastlines. Not to mention that even if your guns are used for hunting, mowing down Xen'Vi isn't much different then mowing down alien-monkey-frog-camels.

Particularly considering their close proximity to the largest and probably most aggressive nation on the planet.

And camel nomads can really kick but if they want to. These are people who will spend their entire lives trying to kill other people in the most efficient and cost effective manner.

I think that under a centralized government a reasonable military force of skirmishers around crack city state troops and militias could cause hell for anyone caught with their pants down.

At the same time the Iga'Vi war machine is probably superior in firepower, discipline, and profession ability. I think in their environment the Jay'Vi could easily stand up to the Iga'Vi but when placed under greater pressure may falter against any major army on land as their supplies and animals and warriors grow continuously less able in the different environments.

I think that for the book a naval strategy is perhaps the best course for the dismantlement and taking of the Iga'Vi capital.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:43 am

True...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scenes you'd like to see   Scenes you'd like to see - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scenes you'd like to see
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: